News of 2018 edition:
Registration is now closed; thank you for your interest! We’ll be waiting for you to encourage our runners on the 6th of October!
Registered minors for whom the declaration giving parent consent has not been submitted yet, can still have them handed in by a parent at the event secretariate located at “Aurel Vlaicu” University of Arad, 77, Revolutiei Blvd (next to the City Hall) between 1 pm – 6 pm, on 5th of October. The declaration can be downloaded from HERE.
Starting package pick-up:
It can be done at the event secretariate located at “Aurel Vlaicu” University of Arad, 77, Revolutiei Blvd (next to the City Hall) between 1 pm – 6 pm, on 5th of October 2018. When you pick up the starting package, you will have to show acceptable identification – ID card of the registered person, of a parent (in case of minors) or of an accompanying teacher.
Exclusively for ultra marathon/ marathon/ half marathon/ marathon relay races, the starting package can be picked up on the 6th of October, between 6 am – 7 am, at the secretariate located near the starting point, at “Aurel Vlaicu” University of Arad, 77, Revolutiei Blvd (next to the City Hall). In order to avoid congestion and the risk of running late, we recommend that you pick your starting package on 5th of October, especially if you are from Arad. Thank you for your understanding!
Participants in ultra marathon/marathon/half marathon/ marathon relay are invited to a Pasta Dinner Meeting, at 6 pm on the 5th of October 2018, at Decebal Restaurant, 2 Decebal Boulevard, next to Arad City Hall.
Please confirm your presence by sending an email (subject: DINNER) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October, 5th, 11:00 AM. Attendance is made based on ultramarathon/half marathon/marathon race number and presence confirmation.
The technical meeting presenting details regarding the route for ultramarathon/marathon/half marathon will take place at Decebal Restaurant, 2 Decebal Boulevard, near Arad City Hall, 05.10.2018, 6 PM.
The medals for ultra-marathon/ half marathon / marathon / marathon relay:
- At registration participants can choose between four types of medals: the first one having engraved The Arad Fortress (launched in 2014), the second one representing The Romanian-Hungarian Reconciliation Park (launched in 2015), the third one representing The Hodoș-Bodrog monastery (launched in 2016), the fourth one representing The Arad Administrative Palace (launched in 2017) and the fifth one representing symbolic map of Romania – 100 years (to be launched for 2018).
Purpose of the event is to promote health education by encouraging running.
“THE MARATHON, THE HALF MARATHON AND THE ROAD RUNNING OF ARAD-2018” event includes 6 races: Ultra-marathon – 49,22 km, Marathon - 42.195 km, Half Marathon – 21.097 km, Marathon Relay, 6 km Race and Feroneria Race (0,7 km).
For the non-competitive Feroneria Race, more starts will be given at the following categories: family, female, male, volunteers etc., depending on number of participants.
Ultra-marathon / Marathon / Half Marathon / Marathon Relay:
Arad City Hall - Revolution Avenue - Nicolae Grigorescu Street - Mureş Promenade- Europa Park - Micalaca Road Bridge - Eugen Popa Street - Roundabout - Fortress Street – Decebal Bridge - Mureş Promenade - Xenopol Street - Revolution Avenue - Arad City Hall;
The above route will be run 3 times (half marathon), 6 times (marathon) and respectively 7 times (ultra-marathon, 49,22 km).
For Relay Race: the group formed by 4 participants will have to split these 6 tours as they prefer. They have to pass the chip on the START/ ARRIVAL area.
6 km Race
Arad City Hall - Revolution Avenue - Nicolae Grigorescu Street - Mureş Promenade - Micalaca Road Bridge - Eugen Popa Street - Roundabout - Fortress Street - Decebal Bridge - Mureş Promenade - Xenopol Street - Revolution Avenue - Arad City Hall;
Feroneria Race (0,7 km)
Arad City Hall - Revolution Avenue – near Grigorescu street tourning back on the other side of Revolution Avenue - National Bank of Romania, Transilvania Bank;
Conditions of participation for 1 km race – Feroneria
- There is no age limit, the particularities for minors are described below;
- The participation is free;
- Each registered adult will run at his/her own risk.
- Organizers are not responsible for any possible accidents and/or damages caused by participation to this competition;
- Each registered person must agree with organizers or their delegates using their images within the event, with receiving information, via email, about the race (News / Newsletter) as well as with receiving SMS messages on the event and / or its partners;
- The registration can be done on www.maratonarad.ro by 28th of September 2018;
- The time limit of running the route: 20 minutes;
- For minors (under 18 years old by 5th of October, 2018), we specify the following:
- Additionally to the site, the registration will be done with parental consent by signing and uploading a declaration in this regard. The declaration can be downloaded from HERE.
- Children under 10 years old will be accompanied by a parent / adult in the race who can also register at this race and receive a participation number;
-The starting package will be available on presentation of an identity card of the registered person or of one of the parents, in case of the minors without an identity card. At picking up the starting package, the presence of the registered person is required, no matter if he/she is minor or major.
For Feroneria race, the starting package contains the race number.
Conditions of participation for 6 km race
- We invite to register at this race individuals with the minimum age of 14 years old by 5th of October 2018;
- The participation is free;
- Each enrolled person must agree to run at his/her own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any possible accidents and/or damages caused by participation in this event. Also, each registered person must agree with organizers or their delegates using their images within the event, with receiving information, via email, about the race (News / Newsletter) as well as with receiving SMS messages on the event and / or its partners. The declaration in original will be signed when the starting package is taken, except for the minors in which case these issues are mentioned in the joint statement of the parents.
- The registration can be done on www.maratonarad.ro by 28th of September, 2018
- For the minors, additionally to the site, the registration will be done with parental consent by signing and uploading a declaration in this regard. The declaration can be downloaded from HERE.
- The time limit of running the route is 90 minutes;
For 6 km race the starting package contains race number and timing chip.
Conditions of participation for ultra-marathon/marathon/half marathon/marathon relay:
- We invite to register here people over 18 years old by 5th of October, 2018;
- The registration can be done on the following site: www.maratonarad.ro by 28th of September, 2018
- The timing will be done by adding a chip to the race number or to the running shoes;
- The time limit of running the route is 3.5 hours for half marathon, 6 hours for marathon and 7 hours for ultra-marathon;
- The registrations will be accepted up to 500 places;
- The participation fee is shown below, determined by the moment of payment:
06.08.2018 – 15.09.2018
16.09.2018 – 28.09.2018
|Ultra marathon, Marathon, Half marathon:||60 lei/person||80 lei/person|
|Marathon relay||50 lei/person||60 lei/person|
06.08.2018 – 15.09.2018
16.09.2018 – 28.09.2018
|Ultra marathon, Marathon, Half marathon:||13 EURO/person||18 EURO/person|
|Marathon relay||11 EURO/person||13 EURO/person|
The participation fee will be paid in one of the accounts below, indicating at the payment details: "Ultra-marathon/Marathon/Half Marathon/Marathon Relay - Full name" (name of the person for which the payment is):
Multisport Experience Sports Club Association
IBAN Lei account: RO15BTRLRONCRT0092365503 opened at Arad Transilvania Bank.
IBAN Euro account: RO08BTRLEURCRT0092365505 opened at Arad Transilvania Bank.
Cod SWIFT: BTRLRO22
The fee is non-refundable. Please make the payment in maximum 7 days from the registration on the site to validate the registration, otherwise the organizers reserve themselves the right to delete the invalidated registration.
The starting package contains for half-marathon/ marathon/marathon relay/ultra-marathon:
-before the race:
• race number;
• timing chip;
• storage bag;
• official T-shirt personalized with the event;
-during the race:
• health care;
• access to nutrition and hydration points;
- after the race (for participants who complete the race):
• participation certificate emailed or received in that moment;
• access to photos from the event;
Volunteers involved in organizing the event benefit from free registration.
Each registered person agrees to run at his/her own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any possible accidents and/or damages caused by participation in this event.
Also, each registered person must agree with organizers or their delegates using their images within the event, with receiving information, via email, about the race (News / Newsletter) as well as with receiving SMS messages on the event and / or its partners. The original statement regarding those above mentioned will be signed when the starting package is picked up.
Inspire a citizen of Arad - option available for marathon runners
Among the objectives set by Multisport Experience Sports Club Association, it is that of increasing the number of marathon runners from Arad. More about the objectives of the organization you can see on www.experientamultisport.ro;
You can support this objective by attending a meeting with one of the event’s volunteers interested in running, to whom to "confess" from your own personal experience about running a marathon. The meeting will be held in the evening before the event. We will collect the options of all those you want to motivate others, to further transmit the habit of running, on one hand. On the other hand, we will make a group of people interested to know "live" the brave stories of marathon runners. To access this option, please tick the appropriate box on the form. Allow yourself to become an inspiration to others, we believe this thing can return also by increasing your personal motivation to continue on this path!
Checkpoints, race numbers
Checkpoints / intermediary points will be found on the route, and runners who do not pass through these points will be disqualified. Participants are required to wear the race number at sight, in the front part. It is forbidden to modify the chip or the race number, in this case the participant risking to fail the registration in intermediate and/or final points and disqualification from the competition.
Penalties which may have as consequence the disqualification:
- not running the established and marked route, deviations from the route;
- not accessing a checkpoint;
- losing the race number;
- participating without having the race number visible caught in front;
- using a mean of transport during the race;
- exceeding the time limit specified;
- abandoning packages or equipment on the route;
- misconducting against other runners, public, supporters, organizers, partners, sponsors, volunteers;
Traffic of vehicles
For 1 km race, the vehicles will be stopped during the race on the determined route;
For 6 km race, half-marathon, marathon, ultra-marathon and marathon relay, the route has a short part where running is on the road or it is crossing some roads and the traffic at these locations will be stopped totally/partially or protection corridors for runners will be installed.
The ranking and participation certificate:
The ranking for ultra-marathon/marathon/half marathon/marathon relay/ 6 km race will be available on www.maratonarad.ro after the event. A participation certificate will be either sent via e-mail to every participant after the event, or it will be handed over at the arrival.
Please carefully complete the registration data, if they are not correct you risk not to show up in the final ranking or to appear with wrong data.
The 1 km race is not a competitive one, therefore the times of competitors will not be displayed here.
Wardrobe/storage of personal objects
Near the starting/arrival area, there will be a place (the headquarter of “Aurel Vlaicu” Arad University) where participants can change and leave on their own responsibility their personal objects in a bag identified with the race number and offered by the organizers.
There will be ecological toilets in at least two points on the route.
Hydration points will be found in at least two points on the route and they will contain at least water and fruits.
After the event, participants will be able to download representative photos from www.maratonarad.ro or from the Facebook page of the event.
Awards in general
All participants who finish a race will receive participation certificates and medals.
Prizes will be given for the top 3 places, male and female, at marathon/half marathon/marathon relay/ultra-marathon and 6 km race consisting in gifts offered by event partners, in cups/diplomas, as well as in small cash prizes:
|Course||1st place||2nd place||3rd place|
|Marathon relay||Gifts, products||Gifts, products||Gifts, products|
|6 km race||Gifts, products||Gifts, products||Gifts, products|
Please take into consideration that this event is dedicated mainly to the amateurs and it does not benefit from substantial prizes as professional competitions do. This does not mean that there are restrictions on the entry of professional athletes (they can join the participants), but we want to draw the attention in order not to exist any unrealistic expectations about the awarding.
Special prizes will be awarded to:
- Tutors: the first three people (teachers, coaches, mentors, etc.) according to the total number of kilometres run by competitors who have registered them as tutors; the first three people (teachers, coaches, mentors, etc.) according to the total number of competitors who have registered them as tutors;
- Educational institutions represented at the event: the first three educational institutions with the highest number of kilometres run by their represented competitors; the first three educational institutions with the highest number of represented runners;
- Represented structures at the event (companies / associations / institutions / clubs): the first three structures with the highest number of kilometres run by their represented competitors; the first three structures with the highest number of represented runners;
Awards for identity
Within the event there will be awarded the most ingenious runners in terms of race suits used. The list of identities that can be taken: superhero, story character, cartoon character, animal, Indian, Dacian, Roman, soldier, duke, duchess, pilot, captain ship, fruit, etc. Options are not limited to these, creativity of participants is welcome!
(the final version will be available within 3 days before the start)
Date: 6th of October 2018
Starting point: Arad, near Arad City Hall, no. 77, Revolution Avenue.
Ultra-marathon /Marathon/Half-marathon/ Marathon relay:
- until 07:40 – Gathering participants at the starting point;
- 08:00 – Start;
- 11:30 – Time limit for half marathon;
- 14:00 – Time limit for marathon / marathon relay;
- 15:00 – Time limit for ultra-marathon;
6 km Race
- until 07:40 – Gathering participants at the starting point;
- 12:00 – Start;
- 13:30 – Time limit for running 6 km route;
- until 13:50 – Gathering participants at the starting point;
- 14:00 – Differentiated starts;
- At the end: volunteers’ race.
Showing provisional results /performing additional verifications / resolving complaints
- 11 a.m. to 13 p.m. - Half Marathon / Marathon / Marathon Relay/Ultra-marathon-displaying provisional results, places 1-3;
- 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. – Awarding 1
- 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. – Awarding 2
Between 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. there will be awarded:
- The first 3 people at Female / Male for 6 km race;
- The first 3 people at Female / Male for Half Marathon;
- The first 3 people at Female / Male for Marathon Relay;
- The first 3 people at Female / Male for Marathon;
- The first 3 people at Female / Male for Ultra-marathon;
- Event’s marathoners;
- Event’s ultra-marathoners;
The event will also hold a raffle with prizes for runners.
In a visible area, which it will be announced within the event, participants can see the provisional results so that all those interested to be able to check the time and place obtained and any ambiguities / omissions / complaints to be settled in that time frame.
Picking up the starting package:
It will be done from the event’s secretariat (situated in a location that will be later announced), in the days preceding the competition.
The starting package will be picked up on the basis of an identity card of the registered person or of a parent in the case of minors without an identity card or of an accompanying teacher. At picking-up the starting package, it is required the presence of the registered person in case of those majors or of a parent if the registered person is minor.
The starting package can also be picked up by underage participants if they are accompanied by a teacher. In exceptional circumstances, the starting package can be also picked up by a teacher for the guided pupils.
The starting package for half marathon/marathon/ultra-marathon/ marathon relay contains: race number, timing chip, storage bag and official T-shirt.
For 6 km race, the starting package contains race number and timing chip.
For 1 km race, the starting package contains the race number.
Exclusively for ultra-marathon/marathon/half marathon/ marathon relay, the starting package can be also picked up on 6th of October between 6.00 a.m.to 7.00 a.m. from a secretariat set up near the starting point, the central headquarters of the Arad "Aurel Vlaicu" University, no. 77, Revolution Avenue (near Arad City Hall). In order to avoid crowding and the risk of not having enough time to pick up your starting package, we kindly advise you to pick it on 5th of October 2018, especially if you are from Arad! Thank you in advance for understanding!
Technical meeting, dinner with pasta
The technical meeting regarding the details of the route for ultra-marathon/marathon/half-marathon/ marathon relay, will take place at a pasta dinner on 5th of October, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. in a location that will be later announced. Please confirm your presence at email@example.com (a simple email with the subject DINNER) until 28th of September, 2018, inclusive. The entrance will be based on the half marathon/marathon/ultra-marathon contest number and on confirmation of your presence. There you can also meet some volunteers eager to hear more about what running means for marathon runners.
Wardrobe for 6th of October 2018
For changing and leaving personal objects, we will have a room at the central headquarter of Arad “Aurel Vlaicu” University.
“THE MARATHON, THE HALF MARATHON AND THE ROAD RUNNING OF ARAD” event promote blood donation, through a partnership with the Arad Centre for Blood Transfusion
The organizers reserve themselves the right to stop running the event if certain conditions are imposed.
“THE MARATHON, THE HALF MARATHON AND THE ROAD RUNNING OF ARAD-2018” event and the above mentioned conditions can have improvements/changes after its launching, according to the partnerships that will be achieved, so we advise you to regularly check www.maratonarad.ro website to find out the news of this edition.