May 27th 2017
May 30th 2017
We have recently awarded the special prizes in the event “THE MARATHON, THE HALF MARATHON AND THE ROAD RUNNING OF ARAD 2017” to mentors/coaches, education institutions and other structures (teams). Here are the top 3 in each category:
• Mentors/coaches with the highest number of involved participants: PRODAN IONELA, MONICA TRIFON and DINCEA MANUELA;
• Mentors/coaches with the highest number of kilometres run by the involved participants: PRODAN IONELA, CIȘMAȘ OVIDIU DANIEL and MÂNERAN SORIN;
• Education institutions with the highest number of runners: "IOSIF MOLDOVAN" MIDDLE SCHOOL ARAD, "ADAM MULLER GUTTENBRUNN" HIGH SCHOOL ARAD and "MIHAI EMINESCU" MIDDLE SCHOOL ARAD;
• Education institutions with the highest number of kilometres run by their registered participants: "IOSIF MOLDOVAN" MIDDLE SCHOOL ARAD, "ADAM MULLER GUTTENBRUNN" HIGH SCHOOL ARAD and “AUREL VLAICU”UNIVERSITY OF ARAD;
• Most active structures/organisations (except for schools) with the highest number of kilometres run by their registered participants: BIEGIEM RADOM! (Poland), ALERGOTURA.RO (Timișoara), EXPERIENTA MULTISPORT ARAD and LEONI;
• Structures/organisations (except for schools) with the highest number of runners: EXPERIENTA MULTISPORT ARAD, BIEGIEM RADOM! (Poland), HANSEL UND GRETEL GERMAN LANGUAGE CENTRE ARAD and YAZAKI COMPONENT TECHNOLOGY;
Rankings can be consulted at http://www.maratonarad.ro/2017/_ro/3-2-tops.html
The organising team from Experienta Multisport Sports Club gathered more than 200 volunteers coordinated by the organising committee, distributed as follows:
• Secretariate: Cristina Nistor;
• Racing design: Adrian Glogovetan;
• Communication, overall promotion – Cristina Nistor;
• Volunteers management: Alexandra Biriș;
• Suppliers: Claudia Chiturlea;
• Logistics: Alexandra Biriș and Silviu Șoit;
• Event programme: Camelia Avramescu;
• Start point set-up: Dan Codre and Cosmin Rufu;
• Referee coordination: Ionela Prodan, Adrian Iacob and Gabriel Iazbinschy;
• Partnerships: Alexandra Biriș, Cristina Nistor, Diana Miazga and Adrian Glogovețan;
• Media communication: Dan Codre;
• Awards: Georgiana Bighescu and Adina Schwartz;
• Intervention: Georgiana Bighescu, Adina Schwartz, Raluca Dan, Ștefania Belghir, Luca Steffens and David Golea;
• English translation: Mirela Oniță, Camelia Avramescu, Nicoleta Giurgiu;
• Festive dinner: Georgiana Bighescu;
• Identity prizes: Andreea Vrabie and Alexandru Goroh;
• Event hosts/presenters: Izabela Vekaș and Gabriel Iazbinscky;
• Special marking: Adrian Roman, Diana Miazga and Eva Hochbauer;
• Starting packages: Ionela Prodan and Nicoleta Giurgiu;
• Validation: Andreea Lunga;
• Photography: Radu Bulzan;
• Video: Fly;
• Erasmus+ volunteers: Hanife Yarim, Antonio Tavares, Tiago Pinho, Tomasz Szwichtenberg, Kerimenur Doğan, Daniel Marti, Aysel Aslan, Ilayda Cundar and Mehmet Bugra Cigdem;
• Fist aid: Crucea Roșie Arad.
May 30th 2017
28 of May 2017
We have spent together another event, filled with joy, passion, perseverance, stamina, involvement and patience. A lot of patience was needed on multiple levels and we gratefully benefited from it thanks to the resources of our big-hearted team. At the end of the day, we are left with your smiles and good thoughts – priceless things that helped us pull through yet another edition of our beloved event.
We thank you all for your support and involvement! Runners, volunteers, sponsors, colleagues, partners or spectators – we are grateful to have had you all with us during this sunny day dedicated to movement as basis for a healthy lifestyle!
HERE, you can find the results for the timed races within the event ”The Marathon, the Half Marathon and the Road Running of Arad 2017”. If there are any inconsistencies, please write to us at email@example.com no later than May 31st 2017. After this date, the results become final.
We invite everybody involved to share with us their opinion regarding ”The Marathon, the Half Marathon and the Road Running of Arad 2017” by filling in the form available HERE. In this way, you can help us improve our work wherever possible (within the limits of our resources), as well as identify what went well and should be preserved.
Coming up in the next days:
- Uploading thousands of photos from this year’s event on our facebook page and on our website;
- Adding up all kilometres run and people registered so we can offer prizes for coaches, schools and other structures;
Until then, we invite you to register for the Arad Duathlon 2017, HERE
- The Green Duathlon – first leg: 4 km running, second leg: 6,5 km cycling and third leg: 4 km running;
- The Green Half Marathon – 21 km;
- Mureș Floodplain Road Running – 7 km
All the best,
Sorin – Victor Roman, event initiator
NEWS - THE MARATHON, HALF MARATHON AND ROAD RUNNING OF ARAD – 2017.
- Starting package pick up and race preparation - 27 of May 2017-
We kindly ask you to take into account the issues below related to the preparation of the race on Saturday, 27th of May 2017
Starting package pick up, Friday, 26th of May 2017 for the ones who have already signed up:
The Secretariate of the event has been opened since yesterday at the “Aurel Vlaicu” University of Arad and we will have it opened today as well.
Therefore, we remind you that you can still pick up your race number and the other pieces in the kit today, 26th of Mat 2017 at the secretariate located near the starting point, at the “Aurel Vlaicu” University of Arad, 77, Revolutiei Blvd (next to the City Hall) between 1 pm and 6 pm.
Our colleagues will do their best to serve you as fast as they can but, even so, please be patient as you might have to wait a bit considering the large number of participants.
The starting package can be picked up based on an acceptable identification.
PICKING UP your starting package on the day of the event (27 May) can be done only as an exception and only within the time available at the same location indicated above, the secretariate located near the starting point, at the “Aurel Vlaicu” University of Arad, 77, Revolutiei Blvd (next to the City Hall)
You can pick up your starting package on the day of the event, 27th of May 2017 as follows:
- Marathon/ half marathon/ marathon relay races – between 6 am and 7 am.
- 6 km race - between 8 and 11am
- 1 km Feroneria race– between 8 am and 1pm
In order to avoid congestion and the risk of running late, we kindly recommend that you pick your starting package in the period 25th – 26th of May, especially if you are from Arad. In case you decide to have the package on the day of the event, you take the risk of not being able to pick it up in time. Thank you for your understanding!
Wardrobe/storage of personal objects –May, 27, 2017
There will be a place (the headquarter of “Aurel Vlaicu” Arad University) where participants can deposit your personal belongings.
Awards for identity
Within the event there will be awarded the most ingenious runners in terms of race suits used. The list of identities that can be taken: superhero, story character, cartoon character, animal, Indian, Dacian, Roman, soldier, duke, duchess, pilot, captain ship, fruit, etc. Options are not limited to these, creativity of participants is welcome!
On the day of the event, May, 27, 2017, please be at the starting point 20 minutes earlier before your race starts.
Starting point: Arad, near Arad City Hall, no. 77, Revolution Avenue.
Ultra marathon /Marathon/Half-marathon/ Marathon relay:
- until 07:40 – Gathering participants at the starting point;
- 08:00 – Start;
- 11:30 – Time limit for half marathon;
-11:00 – 13:00 – Half Marathon / Marathon / Marathon Relay/Ultra Marathon-displaying provisional results, places 1-3;
- 14:00 – Time limit for marathon / marathon relay;
- 15:00 – Time limit for ultra marathon;
- 13:00 – 14:00 – Awarding half marathon
- 15:00 – 16:00 – Awarding ultramarathon/marathon/marathon relay/6 km;
6 km Race:
- until 07:40 – Gathering participants at the starting point;
- 12:00 – Start;
- 13:30 – Time limit for running 6 km route;
1 km Race Feroneria
- until 14:20 – Gathering participants at the starting point;
- 14:30 – Differentiated starts: family, female, male, volunteers
Each participant has a race number and each team has a timing chip that will be passed on from member to member in a special place at the STARTING point
The awarding will take place between 1 pm -2 pm (if the result are validated – only for the half marathon) and between 3 pm and 4 pm for the other races
- The first 3 people at Female / Male for 6 km race;
- The first 3 people at Female / Male for Marathon Relay;
- The first 3 people at Female / Male for Marathon;
- The first 3 people at Female / Male for Ultra marathon;
- Event’s marathoners;
- Event’s ultra marathoners;
- Identity, special prizes
Awards in general
- The first 3 people at Female / Male for Ultramarathon - 600 Ron (1st prize), 500 RON (2nd prize) and 300 RON (3rd Prize)
- The first 3 people at Female / Male for Half Marathon; 400 Ron (1st prize), 300 RON (2nd prize) and 200 RON (3rd Prize)
- The first 3 people at Female / Male for Marathon Relay; (prizes will be in products, services, or season tickets)
- The first 3 people at Female / Male for the 6 km race; (prizes will be in products, services, or season tickets)
The toilets near the secretariate can be used. There will be ecological toilets in at least two points on the route for the 6 km race, ultramathon, marathon relay.
Hydration points will be found in at least two points on the route and they will contain at least water, hydrating drink offered by ISOSTAR and fruits offered by Vegan time
On arrival, Herbalife will wait for you at the main hydration point and everybody will receive a CR7 – hydrating drink
After the event, participants will be able to download representative photos from www.maratonarad.ro or from the Facebook page of the event.
Receiving the award
In order not to disturb the other runners who are still on the route, the medals will be picked at a special point, close to the finish point.
The runners can benefit from a massage on their arrival. We are supported by Andreeas, Beata and the team Chindea & Angels.
NEW! Interactive game with prizes - key of success
The luckiest participants will win surprise prizes if they succeed to pick up the right key to open a door. The game is organized by Feroneria in front of teh City Hall Arad .
Half Marathon / Marathon / Marathon Relay/Ultra Marathon
The provisional results will be displayed for the first 3 people at Half Marathon / Marathon / Marathon Relay/Ultra Marathon before the awarding so that everybody can check the time and place obtained and any ambiguities / omissions / complaints to be settled between 11 am and 1 pm. We will follow the same procedure for the 6 km race and ultramarthon between 11 am and 2 pm.
There will be no ranking for the 1 km race. It is not a competition race.
Please check the website www.maratonarad.ro for other organizational details and news regarding THE MARATHON, HALF MARATHON AND ROAD RUNNING OF ARAD.
The organising team
● Lexus Publicitate
● Hervis Sports
● Flowers Boutique
● Vegan Time
● Centru de inchirieri si vanzari biciclete Arad S BikeS
● Supermamici alergatoare - FUSTIȚELE DE ALERGARE
Partners in the event:
● Inspectoratul de Politie Judetean Arad
● Directia Judeteana pentru Sport si Tineret Arad
● Asociatia Millennium Center
● Echipa de masaj Chindea & Angels
● Parcul Natural Lunca Muresului
● Centrul de Transfuzie Sanguina Arad
● Crucea Rosie Româna Filiala Arad
● Liga Studentilor din Universitatea „Aurel Vlaicu”
● Decathlon Timișoara
● Consiliul Judetean al Elevilor ARAD (C.J.E.Arad)
● Cabinet de Psihologie Nistor Cristina Anamaria
● MÂINI DESCHISE
● Paul Herlo Photography
● Parohia Ortodoxă ”Sfinții Martiri Brâncoveni”
● Asociatia Integra
● Școala Populară de Arte Arad - Steluțele Aradului
● Arad Free Tours
● Echipa de masaj Chindea & Angels
Partners – Education Institutions:
● Inspectoratul Şcolar Judeţean Arad
● Universitatea „Aurel Vlaicu” Arad
● Universitatea de Vest „Vasile Goldiş” Arad
● Casa Corpului Didactic "Alexandru Gavra" Arad
● Colegiul Național „ Moise Nicoară” Arad
● Liceul de Arte „Sabin Drăgoi” Arad
● Colegiul Tehnologic de Industrie Alimentară Arad
● Colegiul National „Elena Ghiba Birta”
● Colegiul Economic Arad
● Colegiul „Csiky Gergely”, Arad
● Liceul Baptist „Alexa Popovici”
● Colegiul Tehnic „Aurel Vlaicu”
● Liceul Tehnologic „Henri Coandă”
● Liceul Tehnologic de Electronică și Automatizări „Caius Iacob”
● Colegiul National „Vasile Goldiș”
● Liceul Tehnologic „Francisc Newman”
● Scoala Gimnazială „Avram Iancu”
● Scoala Generală „Iosif Moldovan" Arad
Partners – Sports clubs and events:
● Ro Club Maraton
● Asociatia Biciclistii Amatori Arad
● Atletic Club Maraton
● Clubul Sportiv Pretorienii Deva
● TV Arad
● Radio Arad
● JOY FM
● West TV Regional
● Jurnal Arădean
● Arad Online www.aradon.ro
● Arad Expres
● Glasul Aradului
● Agenţia de presă NEWSAR
● Nyugati Jelen
● Special Arad
● Live Arad
● Kiss FM
● Radio Timisoara
● Alerg.ro - Alerg, deci exist!
● Party Arad
● Ghidul Aradean
● Blog Aradean
● Arad culture
Registration is now closed; thank you for your interest! We’ll be waiting for you to encourage our runners on the 27th of May!
22nd of May 2017
Declarations for minors:
Registered minors for whom the declaration giving parent consent has not been submitted yet, can still have them handed in by a parent at the event secretariate located at “Aurel Vlaicu” University of Arad, 77, Revolutiei Blvd (next to the City Hall) between 1 pm – 8 pm (on May 25th) and between 1 pm – 6 pm (on May 26th). The declaration can be downloaded from HERE.
Starting package pick-up:
It can be done at the event secretariate located at “Aurel Vlaicu” University of Arad, 77, Revolutiei Blvd (next to the City Hall) between 1 pm – 8 pm (on May 25th) and between 1 pm – 6 pm (on May 26th). When you pick up the starting package, you will have to show acceptable identification – ID card of the registered person, of a parent (in case of minors) or of an accompanying teacher.
Exclusively for ultra marathon/ marathon/ half marathon/ marathon relay races, the starting package can be picked up on the 27th of May, between 6 am – 7 am, at the secretariate located near the starting point, at “Aurel Vlaicu” University of Arad, 77, Revolutiei Blvd (next to the City Hall). In order to avoid congestion and the risk of running late, we recommend that you pick your starting package in the period 25th – 26th of May, especially if you are from Arad. Thank you for your understanding!
The starting package for half-marathon/ marathon/marathon relay/ultra marathon consists of: race number, timing chip, storage bag, official T-shirt of the event.
The starting package for 6 km race consists of: race number and timing chip.
The starting package for 1 km Feroneria race consists of one race number.
Pasta dinner / Inspire a citizen from Arad
Participants in ultra marathon/marathon/half marathon/ marathon relay are invited to a Pasta Dinner Meeting, at 6 pm on the 26th of May at “Cantina Municipală” (municipal cafeteria) at 93, Revoluției Blvd, Arad. Please confirm your presence by sending an email (subject: DINNER) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 24th. Attendance is made based on ultramarathon/half marathon/marathon race number and presence confirmation and is permitted by 6:15 pm at the latest.
It is here where you can also meet some voluteers, eager to hear more about what running means to marathon runners.
The technical meeting presenting details regarding the route for ultramarathon/marathon/half marathon will take place at “Cantina Municipală” (municipal cafeteria) at 93, Revoluției Blvd, Arad, at 6 pm on the 26th of May 2017.
We invite you to sign up for participating on May 27th, 2017 at one of the following races: ultra marathon (52.75 km), marathon (42.195 km), marathon relay, half marathon (21.097 km), 6 km race or 1 km race - Feroneria.
1) The medals for ultra marathon/ half marathon / marathon / marathon relay:
- At registration participants can choose between four types of medals: the first one having engraved The Arad Fortress (launched in 2014), the second one representing The Romanian-Hungarian Reconciliation Park (launched in 2015), the third one representing The Hodoș-Bodrog monastery (launched in 2016) and the fourth one representing The Arad Administrative Palace (it will be launched in 2017).
- Awarding will be done at general for the half marathon / marathon / marathon relay;
- Special symbolic awards will be given to the finishers at marathon and ultra marathon;
3) The half marathon race has its name after Moșion Gheorghe (1933 – 2015), the amateur runner who has been a source of inspiration for a lot of people.